Vyavhaari Evam Sewa Pradatta Samman Yojana 2019-20 [Eligibility, Application Form, Documents, Category]
The central and the state government need massive sums of money to fund the various welfare schemes, launched for the common people. The money is obtained by the authorities by collecting taxes from common people, which fall under the various tax slabs. Many individuals try to evade tax payments, thereby not contributing in the development of the nation or the state, while others make it a point to pay their taxes regularly. The Rajasthan government has announced a scheme that will offer an honorary certificate to those taxpayers who have paid their taxes. The people, who come under the state GST tax slabs, will be rewarded under the Vyavhaari Evam Sewa Pradatta Samman Yojana. In this article, you will read about the various aspects of the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Vyavhaari Evam Sewa Pradatta Samman Yojana|
|Launched by||Ashok Gehlot|
|Date of announcement||October 2019|
|Launch date||2019 – 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||GST tax payers|
|Supervised by||Rajasthan State Government|
Key benefits of the scheme
- Development of the state – The scheme beneficiaries will attain several perks from the state government. It will encourage the eligible candidates to clear their tax dues and pay future taxes on time.
- For GST certified business owners – The business owners and other people, who are enrolled under the GST department can apply for this letter of honor.
- Issuance of certificate – The beneficiaries, selected by the state government, will attain a certificate, issued by the state tax department. The ‘samman patra’ or certificate of honor highlights that the beneficiaries have paid their takes on time.
- No business inspection – The business owners, who acquire the letter of honor, will not have to worry about harassment by the ax department officers. The officers will not conduct any unscheduled searches and inspection of the business establishment.
- Speedy action by the authority – In case the beneficiaries have any tax related issue, then the case will be handles on an urgent basis by the assigned officers in the respective sector.
- Access to the Tax Commissioner – The beneficiaries who have received the letter of honor from the state government can submit an application to personally meet the Commissioner and Joint Commissioner of the Rajasthan tax department.
- Scheme tenure – The state tax department will analyze the records of 2019 – 2020 financial years. Based on these records, the beneficiaries will be selected. The government may or may not continue the scheme in the successive financial years.
- Categories – The Rajasthan Tax Department will offer the letter of honor to beneficiaries under four different categories.
Different categories for applicants
|Sl. No||Samman Patra Name||Applicant Selection Category|
|1.||Gold, Silver and Platinum Group for Pradesh Rajyamitra||The GST department will offer the Samman Patra to three selected candidates who hold the top three spots in the state|
|2.||Gold, Silver and Platinum Group for Sambhag RAjyamitra||The GST department will offer the Samman Patra to three selected candidates who hold the top three spots in every zone|
|3.||Vritta Rajyamitra||The GST department will offer the Samman Patra to those candidates who have paid the maximum tax, selected from every circle|
|4.||Laghu Vyaysai Rajyamitra||The GST department will select and honor the candidates who paid maximum tax as per the GST Act of Section 10.|
Eligibility to apply for the scheme
- Resident of Rajasthan – It has been mentioned in the scheme details that the scheme is only open for those candidates who are permanent and legal residents of the state.
- Business established in the state – If the applicant has a business, then the trade establishment must be located within the borders of Rajasthan.
- GST registered – It is imperative for the applicants to have their companies or establishments to be properly registered with the state GST department.
- Not for tobacco manufacturers – The scheme is not applicable for the tobacco manufacturing companies.
- Not for pan masala manufacturers – Business organizations, which are associated with the production and sale of pan masala and related products, have also been excluded.
- Recent tax payers – Only such applicants will be allowed to apply for the benefits of this scheme that have already paid their taxes for the previous financial year.
- Due return payment – It is mandatory for the applicants to clear all due tax return payments till date to become eligible for this scheme.
- Not for tax evaders – If the records show that the applicant has missed any prior tax payments, or has tried to evade the payments, then such applicants will not be considered eligible for the honor.
Documents necessary for acquiring the benefits
- Residential proof – As the scheme is mainly for the residents of Rajasthan, the applicants need to possess their residential or domicile documents.
- Identification proof – The applicants need to possess their Aadhar cards, which will be used to check the background details by the state authority.
- Registration of business – All applicants must make sure that they have updated the business and trade registration during the current year. If the trade license expires, then they will not remain in the running to attain the ‘samman patra.’
- GST certificate – Only those candidates who have proper GST registration documents for their business establishment will be considered eligible for the scheme.
- Tax clearance documents – It is mandatory for the applicants to possess all tax clearance documents. They must have their return filing documents as well. In case applicants cannot show these documents, then they may lose the letter of honor.
How to apply for the scheme and selection mode?
- Nodal officer – All application procedures will be completed by the tax and VAT department officers of Rajasthan. The activities will be carried out under the watchful eyes of the Tax Commissioner of the state. He/she will have to take on the role of the nodal officer of the scheme.
- Candidate list preparation – The task of creating the list of eligible candidates will be entrusted on the officers of the GST tax, IT and VAT departments.
- Forwarding the list – Once the list has been completed, it will be sent to the office of the Commissioner. The Joint Commissioner of the GST department will check and scrutinize the list.
- Number of applicants – The scheme highlights the names of selected candidates from every category. The selection committee needs to enlist twice the number of candidates to aid transparent selection process.
- Shortlisting the names – Once the candidates’ names have been sent to the authority, these will be checked. It will be narrowed down, and the revised list will be forwarded to the admission GST commissioner.
- Decision of the Committee – The special committee will be prepared that consists of the state GST Joint Commissioner and other monetary advisors. They will check the revised list and do the final selection.
- Approval from the Commissioners – Once the final selection has been completed, the list will be forwarded to the office of the Rajasthan GST Commissioner. Once he/she puts the seal of approval, the selected people will be awarded with the ‘samman patra.’
Letter of Honor withdrawal
- The state government and the GST department hold the rights to withdraw the letter of honor that has been given to a particular person.
- In case the recipient of the letter of honor cannot furnish the necessary tax return documents when called for, the samman patra will be withdrawn.
- The same will be applicable for the people who have already received the letter of honor but have failed to pay any tax or clear due payments in the current year.
The state government gets a chunk of the revenue from the business houses. But these organizations try to delay their tax payments. This makes it difficult for the state government to carry out its schemes. A scheme that offers multiple business benefits for the trading companies can encourage a positive flow in the GST tax pool. It will generate more revenue for the Rajasthan government. If the business establishments take the initiative to pay their taxes on time, then the state government will not have to worry about taking legal action against the tax evaders.
Other links –