Visa Free Countries for Indian Passport Holder, List
It is a challenging task to maintain the internal piece of any nation from terrorist activities. The safety of the country is of paramount importance. Other than this, the central government of the country needs to keep a tab on all foreigners who are entering the nation. For this, the governments have designed the system of passport and visas. Though the passport acts as a travel granting document, without the visa, it will be impossible for the person to enter the destination. Each country has some visa free policies, which allows people of specific countries to come even if they do not have the visa. The same is applicable for Indian citizens who have their passports. There are some countries, which allow passport holding Indians to travel to the host country, without any visa.
What is a visa?
Visa is nothing but an authorization that comes along with the passport. This endorsement enables the holder to travel to a certain country, enter it legally, stay there for a specific time and take care of the business. If the person tries to overstay, then the law and order authority has the right to arrest and deport the person to his/her motherland.
There are several types of visas, which are granted to the people. The most common types of visas are student visa, tourist visa, work visa, and transit visa. There are some countries, which allow you to stay in multiple nations, with only one visa. Depending on the destination country, you may have to apply for one before going to the respective nation. In other cases, the country will offer a visa on arrival. Some countries, which are very particular with their national safety laws, take a face to face interview and run medical tests on the candidate. Depending on these, the authority may or may not grant the visa.
Types of Visas in India
India is very popular among the foreigners due to its natural beauty and cultural diversity. The nation has so much to offer that the central government earns a considerable amount of foreign currency from western tourists. If any person desires to cross the international border of India, then he/she will require a Visa, depending on the purpose of visit. Here is the list of 12 types of visas that the Indian government grants the foreigners.
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Research visa
- Student visa
- Transit visa
- Medical visa
- Film visa
- Journalist visa
- Conference visa
- Intern visa
- Employment visa
- Entry visa
How to apply for Visa in India?
- The best way to apply for visa is online. That way, you will not have to worry about waiting in queue for hours at the office.
- Most of the nations have their official visa website. Depending on the country you wish to travel, you will have to log in on the website and click on the link that will bring up the visa application form.
- The applicant will have to fill in the visa application form with personal and professional details.
- There is a field where the applicant will have to type in the passport details.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to attach scanned copies of important documents, as mentioned in the rules and regulation page. These rules will differ from one country to another.
- Once the application form has been filled, and the documents have been attached accordingly, the applicant must click on the “Submit/Apply” button.
- This will save the application that will be checked by the visa authority of the respective country.
- They will do background checks as well.
- If everything yields satisfactory results, then the visa application will be granted. The applicant will be notified via mail.
- In some cases, the respective visa office specified a date and time for the personal interview of the applicant.
- If the person does well and is successful in impressing the visa council members, then his/her application will be granted.
Countries where Indians can travel without Visa?
There are 58 countries, which allow Indian citizens, with passports to travel to without a visa. On arrival, Indian need to fill a form and that is all that needs to be done. Here is the list of the countries, which offer this privilege to the Indians:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cape Verde
- Cook Islands
- Comoros Islands
- El Salvador
- FYRO Macedonia
- Hong Kong
- Iraq (Basra)
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Kitts & Nevis
- South Korea (Jeju)
- Vincent & Grenadines
- Timor Leste
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
Many of these countries are popular tourist destinations. These governments depend on the tourist to earn a bounty of revenue. Thus, they are keen on allowing Indian citizens, with passports to enter and stay in the country. The passport is the proof of the person’s nationality. If anything goes wrong, then the authority will be able to contact the Indian council office.
Other links –
- Arogya Bhagya Karnataka
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
- Car Loans Details
- Uchch Shiksha Loan Yojana