Rythu Bandhu Scheme In Telangana 2019-20 [Amount, Check Status, Download Mobile App, Application Form, Portal, Phase, Contact No)
The government of every state must make necessary arrangements and implement policies, which will ensure the development of the farmers. A state like Telangana that depends heavily on agricultural practices, must ensure financial viability of the agricultural workers. With the aim of extending economic support to the farmers, the Telangana government implemented the Rythu Bandhu Scheme. The other name of this scheme is Farmers’ Investment Support Scheme or FISS. It is a developmental and welfare program that will help the agricultural labors during the two primary cropping seasons – Rabi and Kharif crops. Farmers, applying for this program will attain money from the state government to attain agricultural inputs.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Rythu Bandhu Scheme|
|Launched by||K. Chandrashekar Rao|
|Date of announcement||2018|
|Date of implementation||August 2018|
|Method of implementation||Implementation in two phases|
|Target beneficiaries||General farmers of the state|
|Supervised by||Department Of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare in Telangana|
Key features of the scheme
- Agricultural development and farmer’s prosperity – Without adequate financial assistance, it is impossible for the agricultural workers to arrange cash for meeting their farming requirements. The cash amount will come in handy to purchase, seeds, farm tools and fertilizers, which will ensure better crop yield.
- Financial assistance – The Telangana government and the Farmer Development Committee have taken the decision that each applying and selected farmer will attain Rs. 8000 on an annual basis.
- Payment mode and frequency – The total financial assistance amount, will be offered to the farmers in two equal installments. The farmers will attain the first installment of Rs. 4000 before the Rabi crop season, while the next Rs. 4000 will be transferred in the bank account before the Kharif crop.
- For Kharif and Rabi crop – The primary aim of the scheme is to increase the crop yield of Kharif and Rabi crop. As the farmers will no longer have to worry about purchasing high quality seeds and fertilizers anymore, the agricultural production will automatically go up.
- Dimension of the plot – It has been mentioned in the scheme details that there is no limit to the dimension of the farm land. Owners of large as well as small farm plots will be able to attain the financial assistance from state authority.
- Land brought under Rythu Bandhu Scheme – A survey suggests that after the successful implementation of the Rythu Bandhu Scheme, the state government will bring 1.42 crore acres of land under the developmental scheme.
- Total number of eligible farmers – Telangana government is prepared to shell out a huge amount of cash from the state funds to ensure that successful implementation of the scheme. It will ensure that 58 lakh Telangana agricultural workers attain the financial benefits.
- Cash transfer in bank account – To ensure elimination of corruption, the state government has highlighted that it is mandatory for the agricultural labors to have bank accounts. Before the onset of the cropping season, the state government will transfer the money in the bank account of every registered farmer.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – The financial requirements of the scheme will be met by the Telangana government. If the farmers don’t have legal residential documents to prove that they are natives of Telangana, then they will not attain the financial support.
- Land ownership – As the scheme bars rental owners from getting the money, applicants will have to produce their Pattadar Dharani Passbook. The presence of this passbook will help the authority to ensure authentic land ownership.
- No caste related requirements – Farmers, belonging to all castes, i.e ST, SC, OBC and minority communities, will be allowed to fill in the application form.
- Bank account details – It is not possible for the state authority to search for the bank account details one by one. Thus, applicants will have to provide the account details. These details will be entered in the government database, and cash will be distributed accordingly.
- BPL farmers – Rich and affluent farmers have the financial capability to meet the requirements without additional help. But the same is not true for poor farmers. Under the scheme, only those agricultural labors will attain the financial support that fall in the BPL category. During application, candidates will have to furnish their BPL certificate.
How to apply for the scheme?
- All applicants will be done via the online portal that has been launched for the scheme. To get to this page, applicants need to click on the web address http://rythubandhu.telangana.gov.in/.
- As the main portal opens, applicants will see two options on the screen.
- Candidates will have to click on the option that is marked as “Rythu Bandhu Scheme.”
- As the scheme page opens, applicants will have to click on the link that opens the online application form.
- There are several fields, marked in the registration form. Once the applicant has filled in the form with pertinent information, he/she must click on the button that is marked as “Submit.”
- This will help the state government to save the details in the state database.
- Once the state authority completes the background checks, the list of beneficiaries will be published online.
How to apply through the scheme app?
- Apart from the application portal, Telangana government has also launched an application to help interested applicants.
- One can search for the application with the name of the scheme in Google Play Store.
- After this the applicant will have to download and install the application. This will not require any charges.
- Once the application has been activated, the applicant will be able to fill in the enrollment form and save it accordingly.
How to check the status of the application?
- As so many farmers will be applying for the benefits of the scheme, the state government has decided to implement the scheme in two separate phases.
- Thus, applicants will have to wait for some time to get the confirmation.
- Applicants will be able to log in on the official portal to check the status of their enrollment.
- For this, they will have to click on the link that is marked as “Check Status.”
- Once the applicant feeds in the registration code, he/she will be able to see the current status of the enrollment.
The financial support helps in lifting a heavy burden from the shoulders of the agricultural workers. The step has been a welcome change for farmers all over the state. The first phase of enrollment and beneficiary list publishing is already complete. The state government is gearing up for the successful implementation of the second phases, as per schedule.
Other links –