Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2019-20 [Online Application Form, Claim, Premium, Eligibility Criteria, Accidental Coverage]
The Prime Minister of India announced that poor people will also attain accidental insurance benefits with the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana. It is impossible for the BPL category people to purchase accident coverage insurance policies from private companies. The implementation of this scheme helped the beneficiaries to attain some financial security, without having to worry about the premium payments. To know more about the features, eligibility, enrollment and claiming processes, read this articles.
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana|
|Launched by||Narendra Modi|
|Date of launch||2015|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor people of the nation|
|Online Form Available at||http://jansuraksha.gov.in/|
Key features of the PM Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Offering financial security to the poor – The primary concern of the central government was that it wanted to do something to offer financial security to the poor in the event of an accident. All candidates, enrolled under this project will attain financial support from the state government.
- Insurance policy – All beneficiaries will get a life coverage accidental insurance policy from the central government.
- Coverage amount for death – In case the insured person dies due to an accident, the central government will pay Rs. 2 lakhs to the nominee.
- Coverage amount for permanent disability – In case the insured person suffers a permanent physical disability during the accident, the central government will pay Rs. 1 lakh to the candidate.
- Payable premium amount – For getting the accidental insurance, applicants will have to pay a premium of Rs 12 only.
- Tenure of the policy – The accidental insurance will remain valid for one financial year only. It is renewable once the time expires. The financial tenure will be calculated from 1st June to 31st May.
- Auto-deductible facility – It is mandatory for the applicants to have a savings bank account. In case they opt for the auto-debit facility, the premium sum will be deducted from their account automatically, when they fill in and submit the insurance renewal form.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application under PM Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Residents of the country – Only the legal residents and citizens of India will get the opportunity to become a part of this scheme. Thus, interested candidates will have to submit their citizenship documents to support the claim.
- BPL category – The scheme has been implemented for the benefit of the people who come from financially weaker backgrounds. All applicants must belong to the BPL category and need to have the BPL certificate to attain the benefits.
- Possessing a savings bank account – The candidates will have to provide the savings bank account number, bank and branch name, IFSC code etc during the application process.
- Age requirement – The scheme will only allow the registration of those candidates who fall in the age bracket of 18 and 70 years. Thus, they need to attach their age proof with the registration document.
How to get registration and claim forms under PM Suraksha Bima Yojana?
- All candidates interested getting the application or the claim forms will have to log on to the official portal http://jansuraksha.gov.in/ that has been launched by the central government.
- When the homepage opens, applicants will find several options, on the top of the page. From here, they need to click on the option that is marked as “Forms.”
- Then applicants will have to click on the scheme image of “Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana”
- It will give them access to the registration and claim forms. These two options are available in two separate tabs. The candidate can click on either “Application Forms” or “Claim Forms” as per their requirements.
- These forms are available in the PDF format. It is possible for the candidate to pick their preferred language as well.
- They can click on the specific download button and initiate the PDF downloading process.
- Once the download is complete, applicants will have to get a clear print out of these forms.
- In case of an accident, the applicant or the nominee will have to fill in these documents, attach documents to prove the incident and submit accordingly.
How to purchase the policy under PM Suraksha Bima Yojana?
- To purchase this accidental insurance policy, applicants will have to get in touch with agents of Public Sector General Insurance Companies. These companies must have successful links with the banks, where the person has a savings account.
- Applicants must fill in the insurance form and then submit it in the branch, where they have opened the savings bank account.
- Once the form has been submitted and authenticated, the person will become insured under the scheme.
Poor people lack adequate financial backing. If the main earning member of the family dies in an accident, then the family has to face several financial hardships. Under the scheme, the nominee will get some financial assistance from the state. It will assist them to get on their feet.
Other links –