Odisha Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme (AEPS ) for 2018- 19 will Boost the Rural Economy [Form, Eligibility,Documents]
The government of Odisha has recently launched the Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme. It is also referred to as the AEPS scheme for 2018. The launch event took place during the session of Agri Business Management at the Make in the Odisha Conclave. Furthermore, the scheme is beneficial as it will groom a minimum of 1,000 rural Agriculture Entrepreneurs (or AEs) in the coming three years of time. Moreover, this particular scheme will be beneficial in enabling the setting up of the enterprises in order to catalyze the revival of the rural economy in the state of Odisha.
|Name of the Scheme||Odisha Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme|
|Launched by||CM Naveen Patnaik|
|Launched during||Make in the Odisha Conclave|
|Targeted Beneficiaries||1,000 rural Agriculture Entrepreneurs and farmers|
Objectives Of The Scheme
At the event, the CM, Naveen Patnaikof the state has reportedly stated that Odisha is going to go the whole nine yards in providing good quality inputs as well as technological services to the farmers. Farmers will get excellent services through AEs by the scheme. The scheme will strategically offer the modern farming equipment. Aside from that, it will also offer marketing assurances to the farmers.Every AE will also work with 150 farmers in a total of 2 or 3 villages. This will provide solutions to the marginal as well as small farmers.
- Small landholders will get huge benefits from the scheme. The Agri Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme (AEPS) will help in their cost decrease. Also, better production, as well as other benefits, will also be offered.
- Also, the AEs will be able to earn incomes from Rs. 2 lakh to up to 6 lakh for each annum. Investment Corporation of Odisha (APICOL) as well as Agribusiness Promotion and will also set up the project monitoring unit to plan, implement, design, as well as monitor this particular scheme.
- The scheme is benefited to the candidates whose age ranges from 18 to 45 years.
- Apart from that, the ones having one acre of land will also be listed for the preference.
- According to the reports from several sources, the AEPS scheme’s financial implications are relied upon with a total of Rs. 18 crore.
What are the three other Memorandum of Understanding Signed during the Make in Odisha Conclave?
Three MoUs Memorandum of Understanding has been signed during the Make in Odisha Conclave. They are as follows.
- The state has also signed MoU with the NABARD for the formation of the Farmer Producer Organizations. This will collectively leverage the production as well as the marketing strength.
- The second MoU was inked with the Indian Institute of the Millets Research. This will support the Odisha Millets Mission. The second MoU will initiate in offering support services for value addition and the department of technology. This would also initiate in establishing the center for on millets in Odisha.
- The government of Odisha has also signed the MoU with the National Seeds Corporation in order to produce the high-quality seeds in the state. This will boost agricultural productivity.
Registration And Form
As soon as any official information comes up, you will be the first person to know about the registration procedure. Until then, keep a close eye on the Internet.
The CM of Odisha has stated that the scheme will also enhance the income of the farmers. This is due to the fact that the state happens to be the only state to double the income of the farmers in real terms. According to sources, CM Naveen Patnaik has also thanked the industry captains. The CM has delegated from 19 countries for the overwhelming response and has attracted the investment intent of a total of Rs. 4, 19,574 crores across 15 sectors with 5.91 lakh jobs.