Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme in Assam 2019 [Eligibility Criteria, Amount, Application Form Process]
The Assam government recently announced the state budget for the financial year 2019 – 2020. During the budget announcement, Assam CM did not forget about the financial needs of women, who have lost their husbands. For the assistance of such candidates, Assam government has launched Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme. Smt. Indira Miri was well known for her work towards the development of academic sector in the North Easter areas, for which, she also received the Padma Shri award. Under this scheme, a one-time financial assistance will be offered to the grieving families.
|Name of the scheme||Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme|
|Launched by||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Date of announcement||February 2019|
|Date of implementation||2019 – 2020|
Key features of the Assam Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme
- Financial assistance for widows – The husband is often the main earning member of the family. When he does, the family faces several financial hardships. With the implementation of this scheme, the Assam government will help grieving families with a substantial grant to help them in the time of need.
- One-time payment – The main benefit of this program is widows will get a significant amount in a single installment. They will not have to wait for the total amount.
- Total amount to be given – The Assam CM announced that under the new Family Assistance project, beneficiaries will attain Rs, 25,000 in a single go.
- Monthly pension – Apart from the one-time grant, widows who have still not crossed the age of 60 years will attain a monthly amount of Rs. 250.
- Total number of beneficiaries – There are around 40,000 households which will come under the umbrella of Immediate Family Assistance project. With the implementation of the one-time pension scheme, 2.4 lakh needy widows will attain the financial assistance.
- Budget allocated for the project – The state CM highlighted that a whopping sum of Rs. 136 crore has already been kept aside for the successful implementation of this scheme, and to ensure that maximum beneficiaries get the benefits.
- Bank account transfer – The money will be promptly deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary. It offers better transparency and proper benefit distribution.
Assam Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Yojana Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – All financial requirements and implementation operations will be looked after by the Assam government. Thus, the development scheme is only open for widows who are legal residents of the state. If an applicant does not have the residential certificates, then she will not get the money.
- Age criterion – It has been mentioned in the scheme that only those widows will attain the economic grant from the state who have not yet crossed the age of 45 years. To support the age related claims, applicants must submit their age proof documents.
- Must be a widow – The scheme has been implemented for the benefit of those women who have lost their husbands.
- Must not remarry – If the beneficiary marries after the death of the previous husband, then she will not attain the financial assistance.
- Personal ID proof – Al widows must furnish the photocopies of their voter card, Aadhar card and ration card for background checks.
- Death certificate of the husband – Interested and eligible beneficiaries will have to submit photocopy of the husband’s death certificate with the application form.
- Bank account details – The money will be deposited in the bank account of the respective beneficiary. To make the process simple, applicants must offer their bank account details during the enrollment process.
How to get enrollment form and apply for the Assam Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme?
The Finance Minister of Assam just announced the launch of the Family Assistance Pension project. A lot needs to be done for the actual implementation. Currently, the respective state departments are working on the implementation of the program. It will be done as soon as possible. Unfortunately, no concrete information has been released from the authority, regarding the enrollment procedures. Once these details are made available, you will acquire it on this site. We will give a detailed description of the application process. Apart from this, you will also know about the sources from where you can get these registration forms.
A significant amount will definitely help the widows meet the immediate requirements of the family. This money will give them necessary support. Apart from this, beneficiaries can use the cash to start some venture on their own for future financial security.
Other links –
- Delhi Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana
- Karnataka Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
- Assam Farmer’s Credit Subsidy Scheme
- Employee Pension Scheme