Get GST Registration Via Aadhar Card
The business organizations, operating and making a profit within the country, need to pay a certain percentage of the profit as tax to the central government. Now the central and the states have come under a single taxation system that is known as the Goods and Services Tax or GST. All activities and decisions, associated with the business taxation, are taken care of by the GST Council. After the 2019 Election, the GST Council organized its first meeting. The newly elected Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi was also present in this meeting.
During the head of the council announced that from now on, business organizations will get the opportunity to apply for GST registration with their Aadhar cards. For this registration, interested business owners need to log in on the official GST Council’s portal, and then do the needful. The 35th Council meeting was headed by the new Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman.
Important declarations made during the meeting
- The first noteworthy point was that from now on, business agencies, desirous of getting a GST registration can log on the official portal by clicking on the link https://www.gst.gov.in/. The portal will give them access to digitized registration documents. However, this facility will be put in operation from January 2020.
- The national anti-profiteering authority service span has been increased by two years. The NAA will continue to take care of the official tasks till the end of 30th November 2021
- If the GST Council finds out that any business organization is extracting higher price from the clients, when the cost of the good and service has gone down, then it will charge a penalty of 10% on that specific company. Till date, the highest fine that can be charges on any company on this ground is a mere Rs. 25,000. A more stringent act compel the business organization to stick to the act, and it will pave the path for customers’ profits.
- Business organizations will not have to worry about the last date of online return filing for the financial year. The last date has been extended to 30 August 2019.
- Some special features will be implemented in the multiplexes. E-ticketing and electronic invoicing are two modern techniques which are in the pipeline. It has also been mentioned that the electronic invoicing will be started in the Business-to-Business sector. It will be done in separate phases to ensure a smooth transition.
- With the implementation of the online GST registration, the entire system will become paperless, and applicants will no longer have to attach ID and address proofs with the registration form. The Aadhar code will highlight all such details.
These new techniques will not only ensure better application of the GST rules, but will help the government to keep tab on all the registered companies. The registration also makes it difficult for the business organizations to escape from tax payments. The money collected from the business taxes can be better utilized for the overall development of the nation.
Other links –