Delhi Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana 2019-20 [Free Coaching] [Registration Form, Center, Eligibility Criteria, Documents List]
The Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana has been implemented by the current Delhi authority to ensure that poor but meritorious students can score better position in competitive examinations. Under this scheme, the state will pay the major chunk of the coaching fee on behalf of the beneficiary. To know more about the application procedure, eligibility and document requirement, read this article carefully.
|Name of the scheme||Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana|
|Launched by||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Date of announcement||9th December 2017|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor ST, SC, OBC, handicap students|
Key features of the Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana
- Development of poor meritorious students – Poor students don’t have the financial capability to pay high fee, charged by the coaching centers. The Delhi government has implemented the scheme to support these candidates in making their dreams a reality.
- Free coaching facility – The scheme will help poor and needy candidates to get free coaching for scoring better marks in the competitive examinations.
- For backward castes – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that only those meritorious students may apply, who fall under ST, SC or OBC category. Apart from this, the same facilities will be available for people with disability and minority issues.
- Payment distribution details during first attempt – If the beneficiary is opting for the perks of this scheme for the first time, then the state will pay 75% of the fee while the applicant will have to arrange only 25%. The maximum amount that the state will pay for every applicant is Rs. 40,000.
- Payment distribution details during second attempt – If the candidate is applying for the free coaching facilities for the second time, then the state authority will pay 50% of the total fee. The rest must be arranged by the applicant.
- Additional financial aid – Apart from the financial support, for the payment of coaching classes, all beneficiaries will attain Rs. 2500 for meeting their nitty-gritty requirements.
- Exams listed under the scheme – Applicants will be able to attain free coaching for medical, IIT or engineering entrance exams. People interested in UPSC, railways, banking, SSC, and other such sectors will also be able to join this scheme.
- Assistance for pre and main exam – Some of the competitive entrance examinations are conducted in two parts. The scheme will offer coaching for the preliminary as well as the main examination.
- Total beneficiary number – The state authority set out with the aim of offering free coaching benefits to as many as 5000 applicants on a yearly basis. It has already registered 4000 interested candidates under the scheme.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residents of Delhi – It is mandatory for the applicants to be legal residents of the state. Thus, they must deposit a copy of their ration card that has been issued by the Delhi government.
- Permanent residential documents – Applicants must furnish documents, which highlight the permanent address.
- Family income related criterion – No applicant that has a yearly family earning that crosses the Rs. 6 lakh mark, will be allowed to attain the perks of this free coaching scheme. Thus, furnishing the family income certificate is a must for all. If the income is less than Rs. 2 lakhs, then the government will pay 100% coaching fee.
- Caste related criterion – The scheme has been targeted towards the empowerment and development of ST, ST and OBC applicants. Interested candidates will not get the benefits if they don’t possess the caste certificate.
- Aadhar card – All applicants will have to submit a copy of their Aadhar cards while applying for getting the benefits of this project.
- Must have passed 10th and 12th standard – The applicants cannot apply for this scheme, if they did not pass 10th and 12th examination with good marks. The final mark sheet of 10th and 12th class is needed for background checks.
- Schooling must be done in Delhi – The scheme draft highlights that only those candidates will be able to get the financial benefits if they have completed their schooling from Delhi itself. Necessary school admission documents must be attached for scrutiny.
- Only two attempts – Every registered applicant will be able to enroll for the scheme only twice. They must submit necessary scheme registration papers to support their claims.
- Coaching admission is a must – Applicants will also have to take admission in a reputed coaching that offers courses to crack competitive exams. During registration, the coaching admission documents must also be submitted.
- Regular attendance in the coaching centers – It has been mentioned that if the beneficiaries don’t attend the coaching for at least 15 days every month, then they will cease to attain the benefits of the scheme. Thus, regular attendance is a must.
How to get application form and register
- All interested applicants will have to apply for the benefits of the scheme through the official portal. It has been specially launched for the convenience of the applicants.
- Once candidates reach http://www.delhi.gov.in, they will have to click on the scheme name to get the application form.
- The form is available in a digitized format. Applicants must fill in their details in the form without making any mistakes.
- Once the form has been filled in, they must attach the necessary documents as well.
- Clicking on the “Submit” button will save the form.
- After careful scrutiny, the state authority will release the beneficiary list.
Educational security paves the path for the overall development of the applicants. There are no extra points for guessing that cracking the competitive exams can change the dimension of one’s life. But reputed competitive exam preparatory centers take high fee from the candidates for the courses. Poor and needy families will not be able to arrange this money. With the implementation of this scheme, the Delhi government will ensure that meritorious candidates get a shot at their development without worrying about money.