Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) in Uttar Pradesh by Yogi Adityanath 2019-20 [Eligiblity Criteria]
Scheme for Adolescent Girls or SAG has been released by Uttar Pradesh government under the supervision of CM of the state. Yogi Adityanath is further of the opinion that by the successful implementation of this scheme, the condition of girls of the state can be improved. Both educational and nutritional level of the girls can be looked after by this scheme. Read on to know more about details of the scheme and the eligibility to get its benefits.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Scheme for Adolescent Girls Yogi Adityanath|
|Target beneficiaries of the scheme||Adolescent Girls|
|Objective of the scheme||Is to take care of the education of adolescent girl up to graduation level|
|Scheme launched by |
|Uttar Pradesh government|
|Launch date of the scheme |
|Age limit for the scheme |
|Girls from 11 to 14 years of age|
What are the features of the scheme?
- Main objective – The scheme for adolescent girls (SAG) has been initiated by Uttar Pradesh government to improve education quality. In addition, it will also take care of the nutrition level of the girls. Special assistance will be given to the ones who have left out their studies.
- Target beneficiaries – Adolescent girls from 11 to 14 years of age are considered the target beneficiary of the scheme.
- Age limit under the scheme – Girls from 11 to 14 years of age can apply for the benefits of the scheme.
- Adolescent girl’s day – 8th of every month will be considered as Adolescent Girls Day by UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath at Anganwadi centers.
- Implementation of the scheme – The central government has implemented the scheme in almost 205 districts throughout the country. In addition, the scheme has been extended to more 303 districts in a phase-wise manner.
However, the state government is planning to organize special nutritional campaign for improving the condition of the adolescent girls.
What are the eligibility criteria of the scheme?
- Age limit – To get benefits under this scheme, the girls should be from 11 to 14 years of age.
- Residential proof – Girls belonging to only Uttar Pradesh are eligible to apply for the scheme. Girls from other states will not be able to get the benefits of the scheme.
Documents required and application process
- Residential details – The residential proof will be required to produce along with the application of the scheme. It will help the authority verify that the girl belongs only to the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Age limit – Age certificate should be produced as only girls from 11 to 14 years of age can apply for the benefits of the scheme.
However, no such application process of the scheme has yet been declared by the central government. Once it comes up, the beneficiaries will be the first one to know about it from the official website of the scheme.
What are the important components of the scheme?
Under SAG, there are two components. They are of two categories namely nutrition and non-nutritional.
- Nutrition Component– School girls between the ages of 11 to 14 years of age can opt for cooked meal or ration. A nutritional provision of rupees 9.50 per day that includes 600 calories is given to the girls. In addition, 18- 20 gram of protein is also given to proper intake of nutrition on a daily basis.
- Non-Nutrition Component –School girls can get IAS supplementation along with health check-up facilities, counseling, and guidance on family care, child care issues, life skills, educational facilities including other public services for twice or thrice in a week.
Therefore, the successful implementation of the scheme will take care of the nutritional condition and promote health awareness. In addition, it will look after hygiene factors, nutrition of the family care. Moreover, the scheme would also give opportunities for learning different skills, get schools facilities, help to get a better understanding of environmental conditions.
Other links –
- Operation Digital Board by the central government
- दीनदयाल उपाध्याय किसान कल्याण योजना उत्तराखंड
- Coaching Center Business Ideas Investments Profit
- Documents Required for Mudra Loan