Krishak Bandhu Scheme Prakalpa West Bengal 2019-20 [Application Form Online Download, Eligibility Critera, Check Status, Farmer List]
The Government of West Bengal has launched a scheme called Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa to improve the financial status of the farmers. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial help to the marginal farmers of the state. According to the scheme, the money will be offered in installments. Additionally, the scheme requires a premium and that will be deposited by the state government on the behalf of the farmers. By launching the scheme the state government hopes that the scheme will be beneficial to the farmers. It will not only improve the economic condition but also increase the crop production.
|Name of the scheme||Krishak Bandhu Scheme|
|Launch date||January 2019|
|Lauched by||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Amount of money allotted||5000 rupees per acre on a yearly basis|
|Number of Installment||Two|
|Target people||Poor farm laborers and farmers|
|Scheme Supervised by||West Bengal Agricultural Department|
Important feature of the scheme
- Improvement of agricultural sector- The aim of the scheme is to improve the entire agricultural sector and that includes the financial condition of the farmer as well as the farming condition in West Bengal. The financial assistance promised by the scheme is believe to be fruitful for the agricultural sector as farmers can buy new equipment by the money provided by the state government.
- Monetary help- The government of West Bengal’s Krishak Bandhu Scheme will offer 5000 rupees on a yearly basis to every farmer. The Rabi and Kharif farmers also come under the scheme.
- Premium deposition- A premium will be deposited by the state government of West Bengal on behalf of the beneficiary. Along with that crop assistance will also be provided by the government to improve the crop production.
- Insurance- The scheme will provide family insurance to each beneficiary. According to the insurance policy, each family will receive 2 lakh rupees as compensation on suicide or accidental death.
- Beneficiaries- The aim of the scheme is to enhance the financial condition of seventy two lakh marginal farmers and farm laborers. The scheme is designed for the farmers who have permanent resident in the state.
- Money transfer- The money that is offered by the state government will be deposited to the bank account of the beneficiary. In order to maintain the transparency of the fund transfer the money will be directly deposited to the bank account.
The eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of the scheme
- Residential proof– The scheme launched by the government of West Bengal is entitled for the farmers who have permanent resident in the state. This is the reason the candidate needs to produce the residential proof while apply for the scheme.
- Professional criteria– According to the scheme, the marginal farmers are only eligible to experience the benefits of the scheme.
- Eligible age-The applicant needs to be aged between 18 to 60 years old. During the time of application one need to submit the age proof.
- Identification– At the time of application the applicants need to produce voter or Aadhar card as identification proof.
- Account details– The applicants are asked to prove their bank account details so that they get the money directly in their bank account. The account is needed to be linked so that, the money transferring remains transparent.
The application procedure
In order to become beneficiary under the scheme, the farmers need to fill the application form. The farmers will get the application form from the official website of West Bengal government. To do the application the one needs to follow the process stated below.
One needs to log in to http://matirkatha.net/. After logging in the option called ‘Krishak Bandhu’ on the home page. After clicking on ‘Krishak bandhu’ option a new page will open and there one needs to click on ‘Krishak bandhu Sign in’ for registration. After registration a log in window will open. A registration form will appear. The applicant needs to fill up the form with all the necessary information. The applicant needs to provide the username and password.
Application for death benefits
In order to avail the death benefits under Krishak Bnadhu Scheme applicants need to download the notification. The government asks the applicants to download the form. The form is available on http://matirkatha.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Application-form-English.pdf.
There is an alternative website for downloading the form http://matirkatha.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Application-form-English.pdf
The primary objective of the scheme is to improve the financial condition of the farmers. In order to improve the condition the loan is waived off so that burden gets reduced. The state government will take care of the tax that is entitled to the farmers. The honorable Chief Minister said that the tax will also be waived off. According to CM, the state government pays 80% of the tax. The central government pays the rest 20%. The honorable CM of West Bengal has rejected the offer made by Narendra Modi regarding crop insurance for the farmers.
Lastly, it can be said that, the honorable CM of West Bengal wants to highlight the fact that the scheme will take care of the overall condition of the marginal farmers of the state. It is believed that, the scheme will bring immense benefits to the impoverished farmers.
Other links –
- KALIA Scheme in Odisha
- Mukhyamantri Yuva Nestham Scheme In Andhra Pradesh
- Mudra Loan Helpline Numbers
- Shishu Loan of Mudra Yojana